****CLOSED. The Winner chosen by Random.org, Mary, has been e-mailed. You have 48 hours to respond or I will have to choose another winner!****
I was so excited to be selected to review SMARTKnits Seamless Sensitivity Socks for Kids! My Sophie-Monster HATES having her feet covered for any reason, and with the colder months approaching, I have been worried about being able to find socks that she could be comfortable in and wouldn’t yank off the second we put them on her.
These socks are very different from most children’s socks. They are completely and totally seamless, which prevents bunching and keeps those nasty sock lumps from forming. They are also made of a unique blend of Corespun and Lycra yarns, which are very form-fitting and hug little feet just perfectly!
There is also a very cool feature that I have personally never seen in a kid’s sock before. The SMARTKnit Seamless Sensitivity Sock has a NO HEEL design, that allows kids to easily pull their own socks on without having the heel end up in the total wrong place, causing discomfort and even some oh-so-dreaded blisters! When I first heard of the no heel design, a friend and fellow Mommy-Blogger and I were a little confused…Was there a hole cut out where the heel should have been? I know, that would have been completely ridiculous, and thankfully, this is not at all the case. The sock has a very streamlined, tube-like appearance, unlike the appearance of your standard heeled sock design. This does NOT affect the fit or functionality of the sock in a negative way at all. If anything, the heel-free design coupled with their smart-knit technology makes for a much snugger, better fitting sock!
A couple of other features worth noting are the moisture-wicking fibers these socks are made with,(NO MORE STINKY FEET!) and their non-binding Halo-Tops. Most socks have tight elastic bands at the tops, that can definitely cause pinching and irritation. Especially on chubby little baby legs like Sophie’s,lol…The girl has some tree trunks for legs! The unique Halo-Top design holds the sock in place without slipping, and definitely seems to be more comfy, even for sock haters like my daughter!
Another thing to mention is that these socks come in many different colors and sizes. I received 2 pairs, both size small, in pink and purple. (What can I say, Sophie is a girly-girl!) They also come in White, Black, and Navy! Something I will keep in mind for when Xander is born. I am sure he won’t appreciate wearing his big sis’s girly socks! They also come in ankle style, crew, and knee highs! Here is their convenient sizing chart for easy reference:
So, what is my opinion of SMARTKnit Kids Seamless Sensitivity Socks? I have to admit, at first, Sophie was NOT having it, and she tugged them off repeatedly. This was HER, though, and not the product. Now after a few days of getting used to them, she is just fine with wearing them, and hasn’t fussed a bit. I tried to see if she would all of the sudden tolerate her regular socks, and SURPRISE: She HATED them. So obviously, the design of these socks really does make a difference in comfort for my little Diva! She is crawling around happily wearing the purple ones as we speak!
So YES, I would recommend these socks to anyone with kids. They even carry adult sizes! At 6.95/pair, the cost seems a bit intimidating, but they truly are worth every penny. Especially considering the durability and quality contruction and materials that go into making these socks. And in case you’ve forgotten, the heel-free design allows these socks to grow with your child to a degree, which means they will last longer than your typical sock.
Don’t believe me? Here is your chance to win not 1, not 2, but 3 pairs of SMARTKnit Seamless socks of your own! Yep, you heard me right! The nice folks at SMARTKnit are so confident that you will absolutely love the revolutionary design of their product that they are giving me the opportunity to giveaway 3 PAIRS to one lucky winner!
Here’s how to enter:
- You MUST be a follower or subscriber to my blog. I cannot get GFC to work on wordpress for some reason, but I DO offer e-mail subscription as well as following via Networked Blogs. Please indicate HOW you’ve subscribed/followed and a valid e-mail address so I can contact you if you’re the lucky winner!
- Please visit SMARTKnit and take a look around. Tell me what socks you would choose if you won. (Color, style, size)
EXTRA ENTRIES: Leave separate comments for each. If an option is worth 2 entries, leave 2 comments. Include a valid e-mail, please!
- +5 Friend me on Facebook. Link to my page is in the upper right hand sidebar. Leave me your FB name so I can verify!
- +10 Grab my button and post it on your blog. Leave me a link so I know where to find it!
- + 3 Follow my friend, Gabby’s blog at http://californiamonkeymomma.blogspot.com/search/label/Blog
- + 10 Tell me how to make GFC work on this page! I’m new and need help,lol
- +2 Tell me your favorite brands of cloth diapers. We just made the switch and I love feedback from crunchy momma’s!
Good luck, everyone! This giveaway will be open until 8:00 PM on Friday, October 15th!
Now leave me some comment love!
***Please note that I was provided with samples of this product to facilitate my review. No other compensation was awarded. Yes, I get to keep the socks, but the opinions expressed in this post are 100% honest and accurate, and are my own.***
<a href=”http://www.tomoson.com/?code=BOTTOM995693c15f439e3d189b06e89d145dd5″>This Product Was a Free Giveaway</a>
<a href=”http://www.tomoson.com/?code=CONTEST995693c15f439e3d189b06e89d145dd5″>Sponsored by Tomoson.com</a>
As you all know, Dan and I are expecting our surprise baby in January. My due date is 1/20/2011. We have simply been calling this baby “Oops” up until now. Well, we find out the gender next Friday, the 10th of September!
We have been having a VERY hard time coming up with names for either gender. And we can’t really name the baby Oops! (Talk about giving the kid a complex early on in life,lol)
I have a fun idea. I am going to be having a little contest, just to get some experience doing giveaways, and to get some sort of following.
What I need are BABY NAMES…For BOTH sexes! We really cannot think of any! A winner will be randomly chosen to receive a MYSTERY PRIZE! And no, I don’t mean dollar store junk, either! Let’s just say it’s something that the ladies are sure to enjoy!
Here are some guidelines on what we would like in a name:
- Nothing based on Twilight or True Blood characters. Everyone seems to be naming their kids Jacob, Edward, Bella, etc, and we do NOT want to jump on that bandwagon.
- Nothing too plain…No John’s or Michael’s or Jennifer’s….We would like something different, but not too out there. Basically nothing plain Jane, and nothing that Lady Gaga would name her offspring, should she ever breed, God help us,lol
- Nothing in the Top 10 names list.
I need first AND middle names that sound good with the last name Nelson. For some reason, this should be easy for us, but we have not been able to think of much at all…And with my 20 week ultrasound less than a week away, we would like to narrow it down. Here is where YOUR help comes in!
Subscribe to my blog via e-mail, and leave me your top baby name pick for either sex or for BOTH.
- +15 Enter my U-Printing giveaway. This is my first sponsored giveaway, and due to the fact that I am a new blogger, the entries are pathetically low. (Hint, Hint, LOW entries mean a better chance at winning!)
- +5 Add me on FB. Here is my link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/brandy.l.nelson
- +2 Guess whether you think we’ll be having a boy or a girl! You don’t need to be right for this to count!
- +5 Leave a comment on ANY non-giveaway post.
- +100 (yes, really) Tell me how to add affiliate blog buttons on my WordPress sidebar. Yes, I am green, and I admit it!
- +10 Mention this giveaway on your blog or FB page and leave a link so your followers can enter. Then leave me the Url so I can see you completed this.
*****Remember to leave a valid e-mail address in your comment so I can contact you if you win!******
This Mystery Giveaway will be open until 12:00 Noon on 9/22/2010.
**** Giveaway Closed. Congratulations to Happi Shopr! You are my randomly selected winner!! An e-mail confirmation has been sent. Please reply by 09/12 to claim your prize and I will forward your info to the sponsor. If I get no response, I will be forced to choose a new winner, and that would just suck! ****
I am so excited to host my first ever blog giveaway! Hopefully, it will be the first of many!
I have been selected to review and offer to a lucky subscriber 250 Die Cast Business Cards from the nice folks at UPrinting.com!
Designer cards, blogger cards and so much more…
From marketing materials to personal cards, business cards have developed
from the plain boring to a more modern and rounded corners,
square cards and slim cards.
My hubby is excited about this giveaway, as he is a manager at an auto shop here in the Burg, and feels that these unique cards will leave a lasting impression on his clientele. Anyone can hand out a business card, but not many distribute cards that have such beautiful designs and different shapes! And the cards at UPrinting.com are fully customizable for all of your business (or other) needs.
Business cards can be a great networking tool, even for those who are not business owners. I have thought of many alternate uses for these fashionable and attractive business cards. These are great for parents, students, volunteers, and bloggers…. Pretty much anyone can find a use for personalized business cards.
Here are just a few ideas on how to put these little gems to good use:
- Send these cards out after moving to notify family and friends of your new address and contact info.
- Use as gift cards for the holidays or birthdays.
- Post on local bulletin boards to advertise available services, such as childcare or lawn maintainence. Even post them to announce a yard or garage sale!
- Give to your child’s teacher so they always have your info readily available.
- For the singles out there, hand them out while mingling. No more searching for a pen or scrap of paper!
- For the readers out there, tuck them into books you loan out to friends. Not only will they remember who they borrowed from, they will also have a neat bookmark!
- Great for independant service providers, such as Life Coaches, etc…
- Would be a wonderful addition to care packages sent to troops, or personalize with inspirational sayings for Toy Drives for sick kids to bring up their spirits!
Check out the huge variety of available business cards at UPrinting.com! I think you will agree that these are not your average run-of-the-mill business cards you’re used to seeing!
These cards can be seen at http://www.uprinting.com/business-cards.html
One lucky reader will receive:
then come back here and leave a comment
telling me which shape you would choose,
if you are the winner. Be sure to
leave a valid email address in your comment.
entry – and include your email address with each entry.